Ingredients (Find organic where you can)
- 2 1/2 cups walnuts (coarsely ground)
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened dried coconut (coarsely ground)
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melt a little first)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted unswetened coconut (for topping)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts (topping)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
Method for Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl or mixer, combin ingredients together well. Spray a rectangle baking pain with non-stick spray and evenly press mixture into pan.
3. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown and the sweet smell of toasted coconut permeates the air. Be careful not to burn. You may need to cover the pan with foil for the last few minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
4. When the bar is cool, you can spread the warm Chocolate glaze over the top of bar.
5. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and walnuts. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set the chocolate or serve while glaze is warm.
Method for Chocolate Glaze
1. Place thehoney, coconut oil and coconut milk into a mediu sized pan on medium heat, continually stirring until it is melted and very warm, not boiling.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in the cacao powder, continue stirring until the mixture is well combined and silky smooth.
Enjoy the healthfulness!! Thanks Dianne for bringing in the recipe.