What is TAC
The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) is a statutory body in Victoria, Australia, established in 1986. Its primary role is to provide support and compensation to people who have been injured in transport accidents, regardless of who was at fault. This includes providing benefits for medical expenses, loss of wages, and rehabilitation. The TAC is funded by a levy on Victorian drivers and is an no-fault insurance scheme, meaning that people do not have to prove fault to receive support. The TAC works to reduce the number of transport accidents and injuries through road safety initiatives and campaigns, promoting safe road usage and encouraging investment in road infrastructure improvements.
TAC Osteopath Cover:
TAC physiology Cover:
- TAC covers cost of exercise physiology for transport accident injuries in Victoria, Australia.
- Includes assessments and rehabilitation.
- Aimed at supporting recovery process for individuals who have sustained injuries in transport accidents.
- Individuals must receive referral from treating doctor to access TAC-covered exercise physiology treatment.
- Treatment must be provided by TAC-approved exercise physiologist.
Got A Question? Call us
TAC Psychology Cover:
- Coverage: TAC Psychology cover provides financial support for psychological treatment for people who have suffered a transport accident in Victoria, Australia.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for TAC Psychology cover, the person must have suffered a transport accident that was reported to TAC within 12 months of the incident and have sustained a psychological injury as a result.
- Benefits: The TAC covers the cost of psychological treatment by a registered psychologist, including therapy sessions and assessment. The TAC also provides a range of support services for people who have suffered a transport accident.
- Timeframe: The TAC provides psychological cover for up to 2 years following the transport accident, or until the person’s psychological injury has stabilized, whichever comes first.
- Referral: A person can be referred to TAC Psychology cover by their doctor, specialist, or a TAC case manager.
- Treatment: The TAC covers evidence-based psychological treatments, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, and mindfulness-based therapy.
- Confidentiality: The TAC provides a confidential and non-judgmental environment for people to receive psychological treatment, ensuring the privacy and dignity of the individual is respected.
Got A Question? Call us